With surf skating you can significantly improve your surfing technique in just a short time. It is one of the best surf trainings to improve balance, coordination and your style while surfing. One of the main reasons why surfing is so difficult and progress is very slow is the little time you actually spend on the board and in the waves. Surf skating gives you the perfect opportunity to work on maneuvers and correct posture to improve your surfing style and technique.
The main reasons and advantages that surf skating offers surfers
- Better balance on the board The position on the surf skateboard is very similar to that on the surf board. The positioning of the feet, the inclination of the body, the compression and the extension of the knees represent the same position as when pumping on a surfboard. This is one of the main reasons why we recommend surf skating to every surfer.
- Better posture and position on the board A surf skate helps you achieve a better posture on the board. Good posture affects the behavior of our surfboard. The posture is simple: feet apart, shoulders and upper body slightly turned towards the board nose, knees slightly bent, arms loose and hands pointing forward. The key: know your starting position and integrate it into your surfing process. You can practice this posture again and again with a surf skate. Without having to wait for a wave. Once you’ve automated this posture, it’s easier to guide it from the road to the water.
- Better coordination Surfing is considered by many athletes to be one of the most difficult sports. The reason for this is that surfing depends not only on technology, but also on knowledge and experience. The technique can be improved very well, while the latter two can only be won by time.
- Better style Video analysis is often particularly helpful to improve your surfing. This is how we see ourselves and our mistakes and can think about how we can improve them. Now, as I said before, the short time on the surfboard is the main problem in improving our surfing style. Surf skating offers you the ideal conditions and the necessary time. If we spend an hour surf skating then we actually spend an hour on the board and also do not have to fight for the waves with other surfers. A video while surf skating is much easier.
- It makes a lot of fun Aside from all the benefits we’ve told you so far, surf skating is a super fun activity. It’s a good change from surfing. For example, if you are a bit frozen out of the water or your face feels very hot from too much sun, then practicing with the surf skate is a good balance. Furthermore, surf skating is also a particularly simple and time-saving activity; you just grab your board, drive off and have fun.
A new generation of surfers is growing and not everyone has the opportunity to surf all year round. Their passion deserves a new platform to practice and make progress training with surf skates.